Quality at Hinges and Brackets
We sell good quality architectural ironmongery, namely locks, handles, knobs, knockers, letterboxes, window stays, fasteners, hinges, brackets, and all manner of fixings and fittings.
Hinges & Brackets was started in 1985 and it was soon decided that the business would aim to gain a reputation for its quality of ironmongery.
A lot of our hardware is still BRITISH MADE from firms such as:-
- Kirkpatrick www.Kirkpatrick.co.uk
- Samuel Heath www.samuelheath.com
- Frank Allart www.allart.co.uk
- Croft architectural hardware www.croft-arch.co.uk
- Brassart of Lye, Stourbridge www.brassart.co.uk
- High quality period fittings from and other smaller lockmakers and manufacturers such as Quality Lock Ltd.
These are firms where goods are made for using and not just selling.
You may pay somewhat more than the imported copies but items are durable and simply made to last.
English brassware from companies such as Perkins and Powell, is virgin brass that has not been used before and is made by hot stamping, which ensures the product is of a good density and accurately engineered.
English Black iron from Kirkpatricks of Walsall is made in their time honoured labour intensive way to produce a proper malleable iron that can be bent and shaped into traditional fittings, that will last and last.
In general we try and select goods that will work well and look good.